Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
anbj01
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas

Proxy cant access VBR server

Post by anbj01 »

I have a problem when i deploy a new proxy ,it can access our Nutanix but it seems like it cant access VBR server. I couldnt resolv hostname (got "system error" when trying to resolv it) so i added hostname to hosts file and can now resolve it. But even if i restart both VBR and Proxy it still doesnt show VBR in GUI (i get Unavailible in Proxy GUI Dashboard.

Proxy and Nutanix hosts and CVM are on same VLAN and VBR on a own VLAN. If i put Proxy on same VLAN as VBR than it shows up in GUI.

I have find the error in logs i proxy but it doesnt to seems like it does any new retry to access VBR after it failes when installing it. Is there any manuel way to init a new retry for proxy to access VBR ?
Running VBR 11a and newest AHV plugin version.

Case #05263003
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Proxy cant access VBR server

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
sounds like you have network issues. If you say that it works in the same VLAN, then it sounds like routing / firewall. Rescan or clicking through the wizard is trying to reconnect.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: is it correct, that you use a free product as service provider? I just saw that the case ended up in the free products support queue