Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
d3nz
Expert
Liked: 14 times

Issue while manually move backup files with spaces in his names from Windows extent to Linux Extent of SOBR

Post by d3nz »

Hello guys and Happy new year / Merry Christmas!
I got subject. When I move manually chain of backup files with spaces in his names from Windows extent to Linux extent of SOBR, rescan SOBR and first run backup job creating this chain done - next run fail because something wrong with names including spaces. How to resolve this issue?
As we know at Linux objects with spaces should be limited by '...'. Perhaps it's the reason of this issue.

Also I wonder how change links to files at VBM file when move manually chain of backup files with spaces in his names from Windows extent to Linux extent of SOBR?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Issue while manually move backup files with spaces in his names from Windows extent to Linux Extent of SOBR

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

According to this page, you can replace the prohibited symbol with the underscore:
Names of VBM file and paths to VBM files must not contain spaces.

If a name of a VBM file or a path to a VBM file contains prohibited characters, Veeam Backup & Replication will fail to import such backup during rescan of the scale-out backup repository. To import such backup, you can replace prohibited characters with the underscore character, for example: C:\My Repository\Backup_Job\Backup_Job.vbm. You do not need to rename the actual backup files.
But in your case, I recommend to do this only under the guidance of our support team as it's a bit difficult to analyze the current situation over the forum posts. Please share a support case ID with us. Also, manual update of .vbm file content is not supported and can be done by support engineers only for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks!
d3nz
Expert
Liked: 14 times

Re: Issue while manually move backup files with spaces in his names from Windows extent to Linux Extent of SOBR

Post by d3nz » 1 person likes this post

The issue was resolved at Case #05211684.