Management reporting and documentation
stfconsulting
Service Provider
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: S Furman

Veeam One for SOBR Offload

Post by stfconsulting »

Morning everyone, can someone point me in the right direction for the best report to audit our available restore points in the S3 Offload?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Veeam One for SOBR Offload

Post by wishr »

Hello Stfconsulting,

Currently, there is no such report, but it's planned. Could you please let us know what particular data are you looking for and what is the usage scenario?

Thanks
stfconsulting
Service Provider

Post by stfconsulting »

I guess I need something that is similar to the protected VM backup report that shows our latest and newest restore points. Also would need to show us if the S3 point is not up to date. Would be nice if it showed how much space it is taking up in the S3 storage also.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Thanks for commenting.

Would it work if we just show the detailed Capacity and Archive tiers data in the Backups on repository report?

On a side note, we have a few other ideas on how to improve visibility for SOBR offload and download activities.
stfconsulting
Service Provider

Post by stfconsulting » 1 person likes this post

My main concern is to make sure we understand that the data at the S3 provider is up to date and not lagging behind. Excited to see what you guys come up with.
desmith
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Derek Smith

Post by desmith »

I'd like to see the date of the latest offloaded restore point for each VM.

The number of offloaded restore points and storage consumption might be interesting, but confirming we have a restore point offloaded within our desired timeframe is most important.
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello Derek,

Thanks for the feedback. Noted.
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 72 times

Post by pirx »

Was anything regarding offloading added to Veeam One v12? I searched the reports but did not find anything. Offload jobs are kind of a blind spot in Veeam One. They are responsible for 90% of our errors in Veeam but there still seems to be not much (nothing?) in Veeam One.

Code: Select all

04.04.2023 03:05:22 :: Local index is not synchronized with object storage, please rescan the scale-out backup repository

04.04.2023 17:00:25 :: Processing xxxxx Error: Failed to retrieve certificate from https://s3.dualstack.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com

02.04.2023 17:42:43 :: Object storage cleanup failed: REST API error: 'S3 error: Please reduce your request rate.
Code: SlowDown', error code: 503
Other: HostId: 'xxxxxx'

03.03.2023 06:09:17 :: HTTP exception: WinHttpSendRequest: 12030: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

13.02.2023 20:00:39 :: Processing xxxx Error: REST API error: 'S3 error: The XML you provided was not well-formed or did not validate against our published schema

11.02.2023 04:00:34 :: Processing xxxxx Error: An unexpected network error occurred.
Asynchronous request operation has failed. [readsize = 331776] [offset = 1735266304]
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello pirx,

Yes, visibility of SOBR offload sessions is supported in the client, Workload Protection History report and Scale-out backup repository data transfer session state alarm.

Please take a look and let us know what you think.
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 72 times

Post by pirx »

Interesting, if I select a SOBR I don't have the Data Transfer Tab. Is this a feature that depends on VBR v12 or should this work with VBR v11 too? Veeam One is v12 already.
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello pirx,

VBR should also be upgraded. VBR v11 does not provide offload data to VONE.

Thanks