RESTful knowledge exchange
HalYaman
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Hal

Backup Job Report API

Post by HalYaman »

Hi Veeamers,

I'm working on a new backup portal, and unfortunately, I'm unable to find a RestApi call to retrieve the job report. I'm interested in pulling the same info the report is providing like:
Start time, Total size, Backup size, Warning, End time, Data read, Dedupe, Error, Duration, Transferred,Compression

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
HY.
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Backup Job Report API

Post by oleg.feoktistov » 2 people like this post

Hi Hal,

First, I would like to note that Data read and transferred sizes are not available in both EM and VBR REST APIs.
The other metrics are more or less retrievable from EM REST:
  • Total size can be obtained from/backupTaskSessions. So, to know a total size for the whole session you'd need to sum each task session's value manualy on the client side.
  • Duration is what you can also count on the client substracting backup session's start time from end time.
The complications arise when you need to correlate restore points and their files with task sessions they were created under.
Unfortunately, there are no direct references from both sides, so the only way I see it is to correlate backup files with sessions by machine name and creation times.

Hope it helps,
Oleg
HalYaman
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Hal

Re: Backup Job Report API

Post by HalYaman »

Hi Oleg

Thanks for your reply and help. This is exactly what I'm after. I already checked, and I have been able to get the data I wanted based on the above.

Thanks
HY.