Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Moebius
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Lucio Mazzi

Reasons to keep Veeam B&R along with Avamar

Post by Moebius »

Greetings,

I have been managing a Veeam B&R infrastructure for many years in this company. We're now at v11 Enterprise on a VMware 6.7 platform with 6 hosts.

The company has been acquired by an American enterprise which mandates using Avamar for all of their companies around the world.

I don't know anything about Avamar, and besides, it will be managed centrally from the headquarters. There's no way I can prevent Avamar from being implemented and used.
The company has just purchased 4 new all-SSD Dell vSAN-based hosts where all existing VMs will be migrated to.

I am trying to convince the local IT staff to keep using Veeam alongside (and to keep sending the backups to the existing local repositories) for better protection.

I need facts, reasons, hints, etc., to help me convince the people in charge that keeping Veeam (beside Avamar) would be beneficial for the local company.

Licenses are not an issue, as our Veeam licenses are perpetual with some years of maintenance already paid.

Thanks a lot for any contribution.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Reasons to keep Veeam B&R along with Avamar

Post by Gostev »

Hello, please contact your Veeam sales rep as I assume they should have some information from the CI team available to help them in competitive situations. We here are with Veeam R&D so we can only answer questions about products which we ourselves develop. We have no knowledge of 3rd backup party products and their capabilities. Thanks!