Management reporting and documentation
jantman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Antman

Reporter

Post by jantman »

Hi, we just installed reporter 4.0.2.308 on a VM with 2 vCPUs (2.4GHz ea) and 4GB RAM. We've added one vCenter server with 4 hosts in one cluster, 13 VMs and 9 datastores - a pretty small subset of our full VI.

I'm just beginning to play around with Reporter. I ran the Cluster Overview in the Getting To Know pack, and saved it. I then tried to add it to my Dashboard. I got the "Please Wait" message with the spinning circle, and that stayed up on screen for 6 minutes and 17 seconds, and then it just displayed "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.". If I click back to workspace and then back to dashboard, the report shows up, but shows only CPU and Storage, not memory. The report also shows the graphs near-full-screen, so I need to scroll down to see the second.

So, my questions:
1) Is report generation usually this slow? My VM isn't going over 65% CPU or 50% RAM, so why does it take 6+ minutes to generate an overview of a very small cluster?
2) Is it normal to have bugs like having to switch to Workspace and then back to Dashboard to see a report?
3) Is there any way to easily resize the widget, so it displays all on one screen?

Thanks,
Jason
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Reporter

Post by Vitaliy S. »

jantman wrote:1) Is report generation usually this slow? My VM isn't going over 65% CPU or 50% RAM, so why does it take 6+ minutes to generate an overview of a very small cluster?
No, it's not expected. Could you please tell me where is your SQL Server with SSRS deployed, is it on the same VM with Reporter?
jantman wrote:2) Is it normal to have bugs like having to switch to Workspace and then back to Dashboard to see a report?
No, it's definitely worth contacting our support team for further investigation.
jantman wrote:3) Is there any way to easily resize the widget, so it displays all on one screen?
Not sure that I fully understand you question, do you have the widget which is not properly sized on the dashboard?
jantman
Novice

Post by jantman »

Vitaliy S. wrote: No, it's not expected. Could you please tell me where is your SQL Server with SSRS deployed, is it on the same VM with Reporter?
SQL Server with SSRS is on the same VM. I increased the vCPU count to 4 (WELL above the listed System Requirements for Veeam Reporter) and this seems to have helped a bit, but it still seems extremely slow. I'm very worried that when we increase the number of VMs by over 10x, the reports will take even longer to run...
Vitaliy S. wrote: No, it's definitely worth contacting our support team for further investigation.
Ok, will do.
Vitaliy S. wrote: Not sure that I fully understand you question, do you have the widget which is not properly sized on the dashboard?
I've figured this one out, sorry.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Low UI response time might be caused by disk issues too. Can you tell me your support case number? Would like to find out more details about your infrastructure to see what might be causing this behavior.
jantman
Novice

Post by jantman »

Sure, if you want to just move this to the support ticket, that's fine. It's 5168996.

I'd actually be assuming that on the forum here, I'd get more feedback from other users...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Looks like other users are quite happy with their deployment ;)

On a side note, we are planning to release a new version of Veeam ONE (Reporter and Monitor) which will be really light-weight in terms of installation and configuration, besides UI has been completely revamped to improve product's usability.