Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
robc.yk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Rob Carey

Veeam 6: Error: Client error: Timed out to wait for...

Post by robc.yk »

Issue: Error: Client error: Timed out to wait for incoming data. Unable to retrieve next block transmission command

We have deployed a new V6 solution. We have used patch #2 to bring it up to the latest revision.
When tryng to run a backup we get the following:
Error: Client error: Timed out to wait for incoming data. Unable to retrieve next block transmission command
the job appears to start, then enentually (2 hours) fails.
We are using direct SAN mode.
We are using an HP EVA 8400 for storage. It has either 4GB or 8 GB paths depending on route.
Luns are presented to the Windows servers that Veeam is using. (Manager and two proxies (All physical)).

I have placed a support call vie the form (5169201), I initially tried to call, but the approx. 40 minute wait wont do. I am wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions or experience in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
yetdizzle
Lurker
Full Name: Matt yette

Re: Veeam 6: Error: Client error: Timed out to wait for...

Post by yetdizzle »

I am having the same problem. v6, patch level 3. Have an ongoing ticket #5172767. What makes troubleshooting even harder is this is for our offsite backups - so they're going over the WAN, which means I have to burn a lot of hours just waiting for the problem to crop up again, each time I try to run it. Let me know if you get anywhere.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sounds like a connectivity issue, but anyway I would appreciate if you could update this topic once you have it resolved.
jsilva
Lurker
Full Name: Jason Silva

Post by jsilva »

I am experiencing the same error. v6 Patch 3.
This is only happening with 1 VM at this time.