Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kaysond
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Aram Akhavan

Backup Chain gets broken when re-mapping moved backup copy job files

Post by kaysond »

So I tried following the steps in the this KB. It worked perfectly for copying a job where only one VM is backed up in the job. I have another copy job where 3 VMs are backed up, though, and for some reason the map backup doesn't quite work correctly.

After copying, supplying the encryption password, and mapping, all of the backup files correctly show up under "Disk (Copy)". However, it seems that those 3 VMs have somehow lost association with their associated backup job. I have 3 VM's (Arbiter, ONI, Pillarofautumn) in the backup job "Windows VMs". Under "Disk (Copy)", I see 3 entries: "Arbiter", "ONI", "Pillarofautumn". However, when I re-enable the backup copy job, it tries to do a Full backup, despite the full backup already being there. I noticed that its trying to create a new backup file called "Arbiter (Windows VMs)", so it doesn't realize that the existing backup "Arbiter" is already part of that. Weirdly, though, all of the backup files are called "Windows VMs*".

I've included some screenshots here for clarity: https://imgur.com/a/KTiVSXN

Did I do something wrong here? How do I get the backup chain to stay complete?

PS: I tried creating a support ticket as well, but the veeam support page is currently coming up blank. I'll try again later.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Backup Chain gets broken when re-mapping moved backup copy job files

Post by PetrM »

Hi Aram,

It looks like a technical issue and it would be better to let our support engineers to work on it, our possibility to troubleshoot technical problems over the forum posts is very limited. Please don't forget to share a support case ID once it's created.

Thanks!
kaysond
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Aram Akhavan

Re: Backup Chain gets broken when re-mapping moved backup copy job files

Post by kaysond » 1 person likes this post

Ok support works now. Case #05338495