Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
cgi2099
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Backup & Replication Console CE - OneDrive connect

Post by cgi2099 »

Hello all,

I have this installed on our Windows 2016 Server and just got this setup for two onsite backups.

How do I add a OneDrive as a backup repository to the Console, I don't see an option for it?

Everything I can find on it says to add it in the agent but when I installed, I took the console option and not the agent option.

Can a OneDrive backup repository be added in the console or just the agent? If just in the agent can both the console and agent be installed?

Josh
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication Console CE - OneDrive connect

Post by nielsengelen »

Veeam Backup & Replication does not support OneDrive as a backup repository. You can find the supported options in the user guide.

Within the Veeam Agent for Windows, you can select OneDrive as a target. However, as OneDrive performance relies heavily on your network connection, I would advise looking at using an external drive for your daily backups if you are protecting your own laptop.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication Console CE - OneDrive connect

Post by Dima P. »

cgi2099,

For the upcoming Veeam Agent for Windows v6 OneDrive target will be no longer supported, however we will provide an option to backup directly to object storage repository (and this option can be configured via agent management functionality in Veeam B&R). Please keep this in mind while planning your backup strategy. Thank you!