Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
isantulus
Novice
Liked: never

Production Datastore is Getting Low on Free Space

Post by isantulus »

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding low free space warning whenever we tried to run backup jobs,
I am aware of the threshold setting on General Option -> Notification -> Production Datastore... and the threshold percentage is applied on all VMs/servers.

Is it possible to apply different threshold specified on each job or VM?
Because I have several servers with different datastore size, and it would be best for me to have different threshold as well

Please advise, thank you!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Production Datastore is Getting Low on Free Space

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
it's a global setting

Per-datastore alarms are possible in VeeamONE.

Best regards,
Hannes
isantulus
Novice

Post by isantulus »

Hello,
So it's not possible to configure datastore threshold percentage per VM/Job?
It is affecting my scheduled report that is generated by VeeamONE by showing warning instead of success
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Are you planning to specify different threshold for jobs running to the same datastore? Can you elaborate on that idea?

I'm wondering cause it seems logical to worry about particular datastore free space, not about particular job writing to it or VM residing on it. And setting per-datastore alarm is possible in VeeamONE.

Thanks!
isantulus
Novice

Post by isantulus »

It is more like different threshold for jobs running on different datastore, I have been seeking on how to configure the prod. datastore free space threshold on specific VMs/Jobs but I can't find any
It should work just like the on General Option one, but instead it is applied on VMs/Jobs setting

It becomes one of my concern because we have numerous VMs with datastore behind it, and the datastore size is differ with each other, so we think it would be best to be able to tweak free space threshold on VMs/Jobs to get rid of the warning message on report that is generated by VeeamONE.

Any more insight would be helpful!
Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

But in this case it will be still datastore you should be worried about, not jobs writing to it.

I understand that you want to have different notifications for different datastores, cause theses datastores might be of different size and having the same threshold for all of them is not necessarily useful. However, instead of implementing such thresholds on job basis you should be doing it on datastore level.

VeeamONE allows this granularity. To achieve this you should create different alarms, set different thresholds for them and assign them to different datastores.

Hope our point is clearer now.

Thanks!