Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
stevehughes
Service Provider
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Steve Hughes

VeeamOne client on multi-screen PCs

Post by stevehughes »

I've been fighting with an annoyance in the client ever since Ver 11 first came out. It has persisted through upgrades. Today I finally figured out what is happening, and I verified that the same thing happens on a co-worker's machine.

I have 3 screens, and so does the co-worker. Normally I run the client on my middle screen, and I run it maximised. If I minimise the client and then bring it back up, it displays blank white. I can fix it by windowing it and then again maximising it, and it's fine until next time I minimise it.

After a lot of playing around with difference screen settings and combinations I have found that this problem occurs if I run the client on my centre screen or on my right screen, but the problem does not occur if I run the client on the left screen.

Regards,
Steve
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: VeeamOne client on multi-screen PCs

Post by wishr »

Hi Steve,

Have you opened a case on this matter? Just wondering in case we need a bit more details to reproduce it.

Also, what's the resolution of each of your displays?

Thanks
stevehughes
Service Provider
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Steve Hughes

Post by stevehughes »

I haven't opened a ticket at this stage. It seems to not be dependent on resolution (I've tested with various combinations of 1920x1080 and 2560x1440), or on the particular graphics card, or the number of screens. I've tested it with 2 screens and with 3 screens, and it seems to happen anytime the client is running on any screen other than the left-most screen.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Ok, thanks for the information. This morning I asked our QC team to reproduce it. I'll share the outcomes once I can.

Thanks for the feedback!

Upd: turned out it's a known issue. Its ID is #341892. It's scheduled to be fixed in the next major version, but you may get a hotfix through our support team if it's urgent.