Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
aliomar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ali Omar

Veeam ONE - monitoring dashboard for VMs and OSs

Post by aliomar »

Hi,
I've been recently tasked to bring Veeam ONE product to a usable solution in the corporate since It comes with Veeam suite. I have configured and updated the server to V.11. We're looking forward to possibly make the platform ubiquitous for every back-office infrastructure monitoring and reporting. Among the sought after functionalities is having a monitoring dashboard that displays the virtual machines (Mostly Windows server & some are Linux) statuses and health indicators. Now, I am aware that each VM instance can be monitored through having a service account access configured into it.
But I was not able to find anything that will put all the Vms into a single dashboard with status and/or health indicators to be displayed in a large OPS room style screen(s).
Is this possible through either Veeam client or Web ?

Thanks for the help, and apologies if this thread is redundant and been discussed previously on the forum.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Veeam ONE - monitoring dashboard for VMs and OSs

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Ali,

What particular information you'd like to see on the dashboard?

Veeam ONE provides both pre-configured and custom dashboards in Veeam ONE Web Client. Also, you may want to give the NOC feature of Veeam ONE Client a try.

Thanks
aliomar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ali Omar

Post by aliomar »

Hi Fedor,

What I meant is having a dashboard that displays and tracks windows services & health statuses of the VM instances (possibly on a single dashboard!) with visually eye catching alarm fashion.
I am thinking of modifying the infrastructure view's alarms to display only the critical ones maybe.

Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Ali,

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

I would suggest using the Top VMs widget for that. It will show you top N VMs having triggered alarms. You may even customize what alarms should be tracked on it. Below is a screenshot of how it may look like.

Thanks