Management reporting and documentation
felyjos
Veteran
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dominique DUCHEMIN

the workspace tab in Veeam Reporter is always empty???

Post by felyjos »

Hello,

the workspace tab in Veeam Reporter is always empty???

Is it the licenses number? or the slowness of the vCenter which is blocking the job to run? ot the slowness of the VEEAM Reporter? or something with the connection to the Datastores?
Any clue?

Thanks,
DOm
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: the workspace tab in Veeam Reporter is always empty???

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Dominique, please avoid posting log snippets as per forum rules on the forum. For any technical issues, you should contact support and provide full debug logs for investigation, and include your support case ID instead of logs. Thanks!
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Hi Vitaly,

Sorry for the log but it is the information I have so far I will call VEEAM tomorrow if the process is still hanging...
I found the issue with the error from the log. a KN1018 is provided to try to locate the issue and optimize the settings but there is no timing on it...
How long does a "Gettings Datastores" should run? It is already running for 2 hours and it does not seem anything happen!!!
Thanks,
DOm
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Dom, actually it depends. The more files you have on the datastores the more time our collector will need to enumerate them. You can disable datastore files collection through our support team if required.
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Vitaly,

with 105 Datastores I am still waiting the task to end ... :)
I restarted it this morning as it was not ending yesterday evening after 6 hours !!!! ...
It is now other 1 hour ... I will try to exclude the local datastore during the next run but for now I would wait the end of the current one may be for today :)
I will try to compare the default value for the timeout with the one I need to input http://www.veeam.com/kb_articles.html/KB1018

Thanks
Dom
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Today it ran better 1:32 minutes ... but I wonder what is the default timeout in VEEAM Reporter for the VIFileSearchTimeout?
From here http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... Id=1004790 it seems to be 15 minutes, isn't it?
I will work on minimizing the number of Datastores to be scanned as well as increasing the vifileSearchTimeout.
I will exclude the local Datastores which are picking 9-10 minutes of the process...

Thanks,
Dom
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As far as I remember the default time out is indeed 15 minutes.

Please note that it's better to use this registry key in conjunction with another one which reduces the number of datastores collected. If you need any help with datastore collection settings, please drop an email to our support team.
felyjos
Veteran

Post by felyjos »

Thanks Vitaly I got it with the KB listed above ... I have a case open with the Support Team from Yesterday Afternoon but no news!!!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As far as I can see from you support case severity (3) and level of support (Standard) the support engineer was replying according to our support policy.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you could update this topic with a resolution once you have it sorted out. Thanks!