Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
savasksr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Savas Keser

The file cannot be accessed by the system

Post by savasksr »

Hello, We upgrade our proxy and repository server to windows 2016 and after that we have randomly problem as below. I cant find anything on forum to recover this problem. vbk file is there but our Veeam server cant find it on proxy. any idea? regards SK 4/27/2022 11:36:25 PM :: Failed to pre-process the job Error: The file cannot be accessed by the system. Failed to open storage for read access. Storage: [******vbk]. Failed to restore file from local backup. VFS link: [summary.xml]. Target file: [MemFs://frontend::CDataTransferCommandSet::RestoreText_{4f1f6d50-51e0-4dc0-845e-a2b918eed28a}]. CHMOD mask: [214]. Agent failed to proc.

Veeam Support - Case # 05409392 - The file cannot be accessed by the system
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: The file cannot be accessed by the system

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Guessing on randomly appearing error like yours makes little sense on a forum. I can only recommend to continue with support. There can be many reasons for it. Often outside Veeam.

Best regards,
Hannes
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

The file cannot be accessed by the system. Failed to open storage for read access.
Check that account used to register proxy / repository in Veeam B&R console is an admin account on the mentioned machines. Additionally, check that proxy / repository is accessible from Veeam B&R via admin share (just try to open in via regular Windows browser via the same credentials as in Veeam B&R console). Thanks!
savasksr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Savas Keser

Post by savasksr »

Hello,
Thank you very much for the answer. .vbk file is under S drive I can see it but it says Inaccessible files - the error: The target of the symbolic link xx.vdk does not exist. How can symbolic Link broken ?

PS S:\Backups1\DBW03-CC> $dir = Get-Item S:\Backups1\xxx-CC\DBW03-CCD2021-05-08T173541_B095.vbk
PS S:\Backups1\DBW03-CC> [System.Win32]::GetSymbolicLinkTarget($dir)
Unable to find type [System.Win32].
At line:1 char:1
+ [System.Win32]::GetSymbolicLinkTarget($dir)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Win32:TypeName) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TypeNotFound

Regards
Savas
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I can only repeat what I answered earlier... it makes little sense to guess on things like that on a forum. Support should find out the reason.

Filesystem error, raid controller issue, whatever hardware issue can be a reason... also software issue can be a reason. Or things I did not even think about :-)

Best regards,
Hannes