Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gabriel.lima
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Gabriel Lima

Veeam Backup & Replication Very Slow - CDP JOB's

Post by gabriel.lima »

Hi,

Gentlemen, I'm facing a problem in my environment regarding JOB's CDP's, I have more than 200 job's CDP replicating in my infrastructure and everything replicates well, but at some point Veeam B&R starts to get very slow for no apparent reason and no error log in any JOB, when this happens, every action I do in the Veeam console, everything is slow, I have an open call with Veeam for almost 1 month and so far I can't find the problem, but when I restart the CDP Coordinator Service everything comes back to normal for a while until suddenly it becomes slow again, so far there is no solution on the part of the support, if anyone has already gone through this and managed to help me I would be very grateful.

Case #05381584 — Replication via CDP
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication Very Slow - CDP JOB's

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.
when I restart the CDP Coordinator Service everything comes back to normal for a while until suddenly it becomes slow again
that sounds strange, but very important. Emphasizing that fact with support is a good idea.

Questions from a design perspective:
1) how many VMs are you replicating overall (actually the most interesting thing would be to know the number of disks. but most people don't know them, so I ask for VMs)?
2) how much CPU / RAM do you have for the backup server, SQL server and CDP proxies?
3) do you use dedicated CDP proxies for source and target?

From a support perspective, I can see that QA was involved a few days ago. So hopefully support should find something together with QA / developers.

Best regards,
Hannes