RESTful knowledge exchange
serversauce
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Foz

Backup Objects

Post by serversauce »

Hi,

I am trying to use the API on B&R, and using swagger I have been able to get the authorisation setup and able to run some queries.

What I am trying to obtain is the total size of the disk space for a backup. Running the call for https://localhost:9419/api/v1/backupObjects I get a list of the backups through:

Code: Select all

"data": [
    {
      "platformName": "LinuxPhysical",
      "id": "088f5ca5-ba92-4a3d-a5c4-d67fda95e404",
      "name": "server",
      "type": "Directory",
      "platformId": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"
When I then try /api/v1/backupObjects/{id} with the ID from above I get:

Code: Select all

{
  "errorCode": "NotFound",
  "message": "Not found",
  "resourceId": null
}
Could be misunderstanding this, been struggling with the different calls and documentation. Most reference the :9389 port for the calls, but that doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. I did see a post from HalYaman which seemed very similar problem, but I couldn't get that to work either.
ronnmartin61
Veeam Software
Liked: 131 times
Full Name: Ronn Martin

Re: Backup Objects

Post by ronnmartin61 »

I took a quick look at the new VBR API and am not seeing a way to retrieve this with the calls it supports. You probably want to consider the Enterprise Manager RestAPI (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110). Take a look at this forum post for guidance on deriving backup point size - restful-api-f30/how-to-get-backup-detai ... 57304.html which you could potentially roll up to a total consumed space calculation for a given backup.
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Backup Objects

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Tom,

Adding to Ronn's suggestion, I just wanted to note that we, indeed, don't have any size counters for backups in VBR REST API.
As for the error you encountered, it looks like a bug specific to agent objects. Thanks for noticing it, I'll pass it to QA.

Best regards,
Oleg