Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: David

Second local Proxy problem

Post by SunkistDavid »

We have an environment with a 3 servers. ServerA is the BR job server, Server B is the local proxy server and Server C is the remote proxy. Because of performance problems when running multiple jobs (I can't add resources to existing Server B proxy due to host resource limiations) I added a 4th server as a local proxy called Server B2. I want to have remote replication jobs use Proxy Server B and local backup to our NAS use Proxy Server B2.

Example of our network information

Server A 10.1.x.x
Server B 10.1.x.x
Server B2 10.10.x.x
NAS 10.10.x.x

NAS share folder is setup with protocol SMB:NFS:HTTP with full access
I can UNC path to the from Server A,B and B2. I can create and delete folders from each of these servers on the NAS.
I can ping each server from the other server.
There is a firewall between the 10.1 and 10.10 network but there is a complete path between networks with an All/All rule.

When I perform a backup job to the NAS using Server B as the proxy the job completes properly. I see on the NAS the creation of the folder and the subsequent backup file.
This also tells me my backup repository for the NAS is setup correctly

When I perform a backup job to the NAS using Server B2 as the proxy the job fails. The job indicates failed to save backup meta to \\nas\sharedfolder\job folder name\job name.vbm (Server A) failed to save file content The system cannot find the path specified

Any ideas before I move on to support?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Second local Proxy problem

Post by foggy »

David, have you tried to create another job using B2 proxy?
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast

Post by SunkistDavid »

Yes, I have and using a different VM on a different ESX host. Still same error.
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast

Post by SunkistDavid »

Just noted something. On the created 2nd job it created a folder on the NAS with the job name and the job error is: Errror|boost::filesystem::exists: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password: "\\NASNAME\FolderName\Test Job _2\Test Job _22012-02-03T074134.vbk"
[03.02.2012 07:41:49] < 2032> >> |--tr:Failed to open storage for read/write access. Storage: [\\NASNAME\FolderName\Test Job _2\Test Job _22012-02-03T074134.vbk].
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

David, seems to be permissions issue. Please continue to investigate with support.