Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
kylegordon
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kyle Gordon

Object Storage Resynchronization time

Post by kylegordon »

I'm currently going through the process described at KB4303 - "Offload to Capacity Tier fails with: Scale-out repository rescan is required: performance tier is not synchronized with capacity tier." since I had been getting the error "Scale-out repository rescan is required: performance tier is not synchronized with capacity tier"

How long is a 27TB S3 bucket likely to take, and what does the process do? Does it download every object and deliver an enormous AWS bill to me in 2 weeks time, or does it do something a bit more lightweight?

Annoyingly, hitting 'Close' on the rescan log dialog seems to make it vanish forever. I don't see a way of bringing back the dialog to check on progress. Can anyone elaborate on that please?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Object Storage Resynchronization time

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Kyle
How long is a 27TB S3 bucket likely to take, and what does the process do? Does it download every object and deliver an enormous AWS bill to me in 2 weeks time, or does it do something a bit more lightweight?
It took me once for a customer with 50 TB approximately 24 hours (S3 compatible Cloud Object Storage). But I would say, it depends on the storage provider.
Veeam will only download Index Data and creates Stub files for the restore points if necessary. There is no actual download of Restore Points.
I don't see a way of bringing back the dialog to check on progress. Can anyone elaborate on that please?
You can see the rescan session in the history menu under SYSTEM.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kylegordon
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kyle Gordon

Re: Object Storage Resynchronization time

Post by kylegordon »

Hi Mildur,

That's great, thank you. Good to know the rough time to expect, and also where to get the progress again.