BarCon
Novice
Liked: never

License conversion perks for the existing customers with Socket-based licenses

Post by BarCon »

Reading thru some of the VUL FAQ's

Currently on Backup Essentials Enterprise 6 socket, with less than 50VM's

If i converted my socket license to VUL, does the following still apply:
  • Conversion is done in conjunction with your Socket license renewal, and you will get VUL for the remainder of your existing contract + added years.
    Conversion does not cost anything extra: you just pay your regular socket license renewal price.
    You can buy up to two years of subscription at this renewal price.
    Sockets to VUL conversion ratio is based on the actual number of VMs you're protecting. In other words, you name the conversion ratio (up to 15:1).
    Regardless of your Socket license edition, you will get “Enterprise Plus” edition with VUL – because VUL only comes in a single, fully featured edition.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: License conversion perks for the existing customers with Socket-based licenses

Post by Mildur »

Hi Barcon

I recommend to ask sales related questions to your sales representative from veeam. They have the conversion policies at hand.
Regardless of your Socket license edition, you will get “Enterprise Plus” edition with VUL – because VUL only comes in a single, fully featured edition.
Correct, a VUL has all the features of the enterprise plus edition.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
BarCon
Novice
Liked: never

Re: License conversion perks for the existing customers with Socket-based licenses

Post by BarCon »

Thanks Mildur

There was a Veeam Universal License FAQ that was taken from Anton Gostev's newsletter and we were trying to find out from an alternative source as to whether the points above are correct?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

This FAQ is 3 years old. I still think it's best to ask our sales directly. They have access to the migration policy and can answer all your questions.

If you don't know who your sales rep is, try this form to get in contact with one:
https://www.veeam.com/renewal.html?ad=i ... rm-renewal
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software