Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MVanek
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Vanek

Feature request: Be able to see exact throttling policy applied to specific job

Post by MVanek » 1 person likes this post

Hi guys,
according to this feature request veeam-backup-replication-f2/feature-req ... 56430.html
I would like to suggest that it might be a good idea to see our named traffic rule policies in job progress window in VBR GUI console.
Currently there is only visible in job progress windows that the "Network traffic throttling is enabled".
It happened me a few times at customers with complex network infrastructure with multiple tenants/sites - if there is a lot of throttling policies available to identify the one used by that job.
Sometimes it might help with troubleshoting etc...
Sorry if this is non sense for you or Iam just missing something :)
Best regards
Martin
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Feature request: Be able to see exact throttling policy applied to specific job

Post by PetrM »

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for the idea! At first sight, it looks like that it would be very useful improvement. The request is noted and we'll consider it for future releases but I cannot provide ETA now.

Thanks!
MVanek
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Vanek

Re: Feature request: Be able to see exact throttling policy applied to specific job

Post by MVanek » 2 people like this post

Hi Petr,
thank you for quick positive response! It was just an idea, so we will see if it makes it to production sometimes in future :)
Best regards
Martin