Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
CCOjNA
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Colin Estes

Trying to export an older Full back up

Post by CCOjNA »

We have a Full back up that lives on an azure repository. I went to "Export Backup" Selected the server and choose the restore point from the available restore points.
Veeam this level of use of Veeam is still pretty new to me, so I am sure I am missing something in the process. Any idea what I am missing in the process given the below message? or any good documentation that can be recommended would be great.

5/16/2022 2:17:20 PM Error Cloning backup Error: Failed to schedule repository resources to locate appropriate extents for backup files
Failed to schedule repository resources to locate appropriate extents for backup files
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Trying to export an older Full back up

Post by PetrM »

Hi Colin and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

Please provide a support case as requested when you click New Topic. As explained there, we cannot troubleshoot technical issues over the forum posts. All posts about technical issues without case ID will be deleted by forum moderator eventually. You can also upload debug logs as per the instruction of this KB.

Speaking about the error itself, in case of Azure Blob Storage I would check how many concurrent tasks are set for this repository, maybe there were no available task slots at the moment you tried to export backup.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Trying to export an older Full back up

Post by veremin »

Also, check whether extents are available and have free space enough to host downloaded full backup.