Agentless, cloud-native backup for Microsoft Azure
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Unable Create Service Account

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the follow-up and feedback. It's something we are looking into for sure for a future release or update but I can't provide an ETA for it.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
kevin.boddy
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Kevin Boddy

Post by kevin.boddy »

Hi,

Did anyone find a way to set the application registration permissions correctly? Still struggling and the help documentation only lists the permissions in what might be a JSON file format and doesn't give any indication of where or how you set them. Tried uploading the JSON from the help doc website but Azure threw an error about properties.... Not sure as I am not fairly with JSON files.

I also cannot get VBR to create the compute account because it is creating the application registration in the wrong directory and there doesn't appear to be an option to choose another directory.

Is there anyway to click through setting this up on the Azure portal GUI?

Thanks
Kevin
lyudmila.ezerskaya
Veeam Software
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Lyudmila Ezerskaya

Post by lyudmila.ezerskaya »

Hi Kevin,
The JSON file provided in the user guide includes only the Permissions section, the remaining properties in the JSON file are company-specific and should be added by the user.

To complete the JSON file and define a custom role, please see Microsoft Docs. There, you will find comprehensive information about creating custom roles and a JSON file template that can serve as a helpful reference.

If you encounter any issues with Azure AD application creation or assigning the new role to the application, you can use links to Microsoft Docs provided on this page.

Please try to follow the instructions provided and let us know if you have successfully completed the process.

Thank you!