Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: David

Backup problems - previous post disappeared or was deleted

Post by SunkistDavid »

V6

I posted this earlier today and even added to it but come back tonight and posting gone. Was it deleted? Why?

Issue: We have backup jobs that are failing after partial success. Want some thoughts before I bring it to support

Both Jobs are pointed to our NAS storage system.

Job 1: Pointed to 3 ESX Hosts which have 10 VM's

two VM's are completely processed and the third one starts. The first HD of the 3rd VM is processed and then 2nd HD starts processing and then I get error:

Error Client error: The specified network name is no longer availabe Failed to write data to the file.

Then all subsequent VM's in the job fail with following error

Error: Client error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Failed to create or open file.

Second Job: Pointed to single ESX host with 13 VM's. 4 VM's are processed successfully, 1 VM processes first HD and starts on second HD and then gets the above 1st error and then all subsequent VM's fail with same 2nd error.

Ideas?
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Backup problems - previous post disappeared or was delet

Post by tsightler »

I suspect the post was deleted because your post violates the rules of the forum, i.e. that you must post your support case ID when asking about support issues. This is clearly stated in the "READ ME BEFORE POSTING" message each time you start a new topic. While some of us on the forum might guess at the cause of your issue based on what you post, it will likely take log analysis to actually get to the bottom of the issue, thus a support case is the proper path and should be your first step. If you want to follow up here by posting your issue on the forums you should also include your support ID to show that this step had been taken.
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: David

Post by SunkistDavid »

??? wouldn't everyone have to have a support case before posting all the issues that are being posted on this forum? Granted it may turn into a log analysis but I was hoping that someone had seen this before and could give some advice before I open a case and wait the 2-3 weeks it has normally taken for support to to work its way towards a resolution. I know I'm coming on hard but my time to resolution with Veeam support has been less than stellar and I'm not looking forward to starting up the process again for another issue. Having said that I will open a case on Monday and post the case number to this thread.

Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, everyone has to include support case ID when posting a technical issue, or the post will be removed as per forum rules highlighted when you click New Topic. There are 5 major reasons behind this requirement, Tom explained just one of them. Please note that opening a support case takes less than a minute (literally) using the support portal, so there are really no valid reasons why you could not do this BEFORE posting, as the forum rules require. Thanks.