Backup of enterprise applications (Microsoft stack, IBM Db2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SAP)
sivein
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Einar Sivertsen

Feature Request: PSDirect vs network access and network transfer

Post by sivein » 2 people like this post

Hi
This Feature Request is a result in observation and support feedback

1) Currently there is a REG setting to change the priority from Network to Powershell Direct for the data transfer of certain data in my case - SQL log backup files. This REG setting however is a global setting at VBR level. My request is to have this setting on a pr VM level or at least pr JOB level. Reason for this is that large BAK files (60-70GB) takes forever over PowershellDirect

2) When using a log shipping server with a lot of nic's say 30+ and the SQL server has a lot of databases it takes forever to ship all the logfiles from the VM to the log-shipping server because Veeam enumerates possible transfer path for each and every BAK file instead of "storing" the correct IP between VM and log shipping server for each session.

Above Feature Request would make the product a lot more dynamic and admin friendly
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Feature Request: PSDirect vs network access and network transfer

Post by PetrM »

Hi Einar,

Both requests fully make sense. I cannot guarantee that we will implement it soon as ETA always depends on priorities of other feature requests and available engineering resources, but your ideas are noted.

Thanks!
AlexHeylin
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Alex Heylin

Re: Feature Request: PSDirect vs network access and network transfer

Post by AlexHeylin »

Please also see microsoft-hyper-v-f25/vbr-to-remember-h ... 91414.html which is a similar request / challenge.