Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
juz_far
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Farrow

Issues uninstalling Version 5 to upgrade to V6

Post by juz_far »

Apologies if I'm doubling up. I posted this yesterday but that post appears to have vanished (not sure what happened there).

I'm attempting to upgrade to V6 but am having issues with the V5 removal. I get the following error when I attempt to uninstall V5 B&R

Error 1606. Could not access network location /VeeamBackup_hostname

It appears that this is an NFS datastore that I had configured in the past but it has been removed. I can't find any information on the error being experianced before but if anyone has any more information to assist that would be greatly appreciated.

OS = Windows Server 2008 R2 (Virtual Machine)

thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Issues uninstalling Version 5 to upgrade to V6

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Justin, you post has been removed because it broke our forum rules. You need to contact our support team directly with all technical issues you have as it described when you click New Topic. Thanks!
juz_far
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Farrow

Re: Issues uninstalling Version 5 to upgrade to V6

Post by juz_far »

AFter much troubleshooting and soul searching I found the issue.

Turns out someone had modified the registry and changed the defaulNFSlocation in the Veem configuration to /Veeambackup_CEQVEEAM01. :evil:

A reinstall of Veeam 5 didn't resolve or reset the registry, had to be changed manually.

Once I reset this back to the default location c:\program data\veaam\nfs the uninstall worked without issue.

All fixed.