Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
wellssh
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sven Wells

How to exclude VMs, but not their ESX Hosts from monitoring.

Post by wellssh »

We have a situation where we have hundreds of VMs assigned to 6 or 7 different ESX Hosts, all monitored within SCOM. The problem is that these particular VMs do not need to be monitored in SCOM, however, "their" ESX hosts do need to be monitored.

How do we exclude all these VMs from being monitored (and even displayed) in SCOM??

We are running v5.6.0.696 of the nWorks VMware VEM MP, on SCOM 2007 SP1.

Thanks,
Sven
vcharlie
Veeam Software
Liked: 45 times
Full Name: Charles Clarke

Re: How to exclude VMs, but not their ESX Hosts from monitor

Post by vcharlie »

Hi
First of all, I'd encourage you to upgrade to nWorks v5.7. Lots of very cool enhancements including reporting, scalability and more.
You can exclude VM's from monitoring using 'Collection Settings" within the Enterprise Manager UI\Enterprise Manager node.
Hope that helps
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (97.44 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
wellssh
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sven Wells

Post by wellssh »

Hello.

Thanks for your response. We have since upgraded to nWorks 5.7, however, I don't easily see where I can exclude monitoring of all VMs from certain ESX Hosts, but still maintain monitoring for the ESX hosts themselves.

Regards,
Sven
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi Sven,

Correct, the above instructions will let you globally disable VM monitoring for all your environment.

If you want to disable VM monitoring for only certain Hosts - please see this post - http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10277

Regards
Alec