PowerShell script exchange
JaySt
Service Provider
Liked: 75 times
Full Name: JaySt

Rescan of service provider

Post by JaySt »

i need to invoke a "Service Provider Rescan" job using powershell.
I tried gettting the service provider repository and feed it into Rescan-VBREntity, but it does not result in kicking off a "Service provider rescan" job as seen in the console under History->system.
Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders also does not kick off a "service provider rescan" job.

any suggestions for doing this?
Veeam Certified Engineer
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Rescan of service provider

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jay

I see the same in my lab.
Rescan seems to work, just doesn't show in the history view under System.
Do you see issues with the scan? Does a cloud repository not shown up?

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
JaySt
Service Provider

Post by JaySt »

ok thanks.
yeah i see two things:
piping a repository into Rescan-VBREntity shows a repo sync job begin started for the repository.
just running Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders does not show any job being started under history->system. not sure if it does anything at all.

but i'm looking to start the same process that starts when right-clicking the service provider -> rescan in the console. this starts a "service provider rescan job".
The reason is a weird certificate check issue i'm troubleshooting. copy job to the provider stop working after not being able to check the cert and after a rescan, they start to run again. So, i thought to schedule a rescan in the mean time....

I'll see this week if scheduling the rescan-vbrentity commands has the same effect as manually intiating the rescan in the console. will report back.
Veeam Certified Engineer
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jay

Thanks for the explanation.
just running Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders does not show any job being started under history->system. not sure if it does anything at all.
The rescan commands works in my lab.
I see new repositories after adding them to the tenant in the service provider VBR and do the rescan on the tenant VBR in PowerShell. The session is just not visible in the tenants VBR Console.
I'm discussing that at the moment with the team. It should be in the session log in the VBR Console.
JaySt
Service Provider

Post by JaySt »

ok, yes that seems to indicate the rescan is kicked off under the hood and is working.
what exactly are you expecting to see when running "Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders" ? Exactly the same as "Get-VBRBackupRepository -name <cloudreponame> | Rescan-VBREntity " ?
Veeam Certified Engineer
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jay

My expectation is, that a "Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders" is listed as a session in the VBR Console under "History > SYSTEM".
The same place when you rescan a service provider in the VBR Console. It should also have an output in the powershell similar to "Get-VBRBackupRepository -name <cloudreponame> | Rescan-VBREntity".
We are currently testing the correct behavior of all involved steps of "Rescan-VBREntity -AllCloudProviders" in our labs.
Thanks for showing us that the command output needs some improvements. :)

Thanks
Fabian