Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
kaleemullahbilal
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: kaleemullah bilal

File Server Backup

Post by kaleemullahbilal »

Hi,
I have added our File Server ( 1.5 TB) for the Backup and Replication. Since the Backup is over the Network I need to fine-tune it so that it could take less time for the job completion. Can someone recommend to me some settings in the Veeam Application?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: File Server Backup

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Where is the "bottleneck" according to job statistics? The file share backup job has a similar view with info about "bottleneck". Maybe you should pay attention to another processing stage: for instance if the slowest processing stage is on Source, network fine-tuning will give nothing. Also, what do you mean exactly by "less time"? How long does it take now and what duration would you like to achieve?

Thanks!
kaleemullahbilal
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: kaleemullah bilal

Post by kaleemullahbilal »

I read on one of the threads, that changing the Job days to more than one day can fine-tune the Process, is there any setting wherein I can mention the second job will be started after the completion of 1st Job.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

There is no "universal" setting that can speed up the job. It's difficult to comment on information obtained from another thread without having a link to the thread itself. The only way to optimize performance is to to analyze bottleneck statistics and to clearly understand the goal: which duration/processing rate would be acceptable in your case.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

kaleemullahbilal,

To process the data from your file server faster you can:

1. Add more file backup proxies
2. Tune the throttling in the file share properties

For more details, please review this help center article: How File Share Backup Works. Hope that helps!