Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
lostbackups
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Trouble with adding repo to SOBR due to replication job (Case #05488976)

Post by lostbackups »

Case #05488976

I am trying to set up a SOBR for use with Wasabi and upon adding my one local repository to it, I get the error "Unable to add extent [MY LOCAL REPO NAME] because it contains one or more backup files which are not supported by scale-out backup repository." Then I show more details and it shows the name of the one replication job "VM Replication to DR Server".

I have followed this KB https://www.veeam.com/kb2165 and pointed the replication job to a new repo and moved all the folders/files from the "Replica" folder over to said new repo but I am still seeing the same error message. I also re-scanned each of my local repositories (old and new). I also performed a re-scan on the replicas via Home > Replicas > Rescan Replicas. The "Replica" folder and all it's content are no longer in the first repository, so there should no longer be any job or files unsupported by SOBR. The replication job is no longer pointed at that repository.

Any suggestions?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Trouble with adding repo to SOBR due to replication job (Case #05488976)

Post by veremin »

Most likely, there are stalled entities in the configuration database preventing you from deploying Scale-Out Backup Repository. Support team should be able to remove those, so continue working with them. Thanks!
lostbackups
Influencer

Post by lostbackups »

veremin: thanks, I did get a reply to my case where support just said I couldn't add the repo because of the files and then gave me a link to the limitations of SOBR. I responded and now am waiting a more helpful response, but just in case, I posted the question here hoping someone could help.
lostbackups
Influencer

Post by lostbackups » 1 person likes this post

never mind, I solved it myself simply by restarting the Veeam Backup Service so as to kick off the SQL cleanup task which cleared up those "stalled entities".
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Glad to hear our input was helpful. Should other help be needed, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks!