Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DanL
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Lee

Any event log/history on U-AIR

Post by DanL »

Hi all,

Is there any way to find the event log after I perform a U-AIR restore? Seems no such option about U-AIR from the history tab and I have auditing issues to show them.
If yes, may I track the history like the email subject I restored, or the request time/request user?

Much appreciate if there's any way to show up the history on that, thanks in advance. :D
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Any event log/history on U-AIR

Post by foggy »

Dan, U-AIR wizards are standalone components that do not log their activity in VBR console (meaning that there are no U-AIR sessions under the History tab). Corresponding information can only be found in their log files located in the %programdata%/Veeam/Backup folder along with all other product logs.

However, with Enterprise Manager you can view the list of user requests (containing the requested time, username and some additional information) available on the Requests tab. Thanks!
DanL
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Lee

Post by DanL »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Foggy

As I know I can only view the user request from the enterprise manager, but is there's no way to know want exactly the user restore for auditing issue?
For example, while restore email from Exchange, is there any method to generate a report/log on which email did exactly restored?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The only way is to parse the wizard's log file, I suppose.