Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
rbowden
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ray Bowden

VI-API Link Issues

Post by rbowden »

Hello There,

I recently installed nWorks 5.7, and while in the Enterprise Manager Dashboard I can see the Collector, in Enterprise Manager State the nWorks Enteprise Manager VI-API Link has a tick but drilling down
I only have ticks for Availability and nothing for Performance, Security and Configuration.

The Collector State doesn't have a tick for VP-API Link at all.

The Server where the Collector/UI/Enterprise Manager runs on a dedicated 2008 R2 Server

The only error message I can find in the nWorksEventLog is "VP050 Error encountered retrieving performance metrics for a cluster on 192.168.14.254. The VMware API error returned was 'Thread was being aborted.'. "

The typology view is empty and while the nWorksEventLog has other logs saying it's collecting metrics, I don't see any information for them in SCOM.

SV110 Performance data for 'Cluster' class published in WMI

I have logged an issue with support, but it has been a number of days since I have heard from them after submitting my logs.

This is now an urgent issue.

Cheers
Ray
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: VI-API Link Issues

Post by Alec King »

Ray,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I didn't get the usual email notification of a New Post in the forum.

There could be various issues causing the error you describe, from account permissions, to vCenter errors or configuration problems, etc...

Has our support team engaged with you now?

Thanks
Alec
rbowden
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ray Bowden

Re: VI-API Link Issues

Post by rbowden »

This has now been resolved with the help of support.

It turned out that the Collector needed to be installed on the vCenter server as it talks to the VMWare network on a different network card.

Cheers
Ray