Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
merrill.davis
Veeam Software
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Merrill Davis

Feature request: Restoring Multiple Database Sql Application

Post by merrill.davis » 2 people like this post

I have a client that is attempting to restore multiple databases with the Veeam Microsoft SQL Server Databases Restore feature at one time. Within the Veeam SQL Application explorer the client is unable to select more than one database at a time under an instance. We are only able to either restore the whole instance or select only one database in the instance. Holding Ctrl or shift in the explorer will not allow us to specifically select the databases we want to restore. The client has over thousands of databases to manage and would like the ability to easily select more than one databases at a time within the Veeam Microsoft Sql Databases application explorer.
pirx
Veeam Legend
Liked: 72 times

Re: Feature request: Restoring Multiple Database Sql Applica

Post by pirx »

+1

This was also one importent point for our DB team, and a knock out for Veeam for DB backups. It would really be nice to see better DB support.
VanillaMastermind
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: VanillaMastermind

[MERGED] [SQL Server] How to restore many databases at once

Post by VanillaMastermind »

Am I missing the obvious, or is there no way to restore multiple SQL Server databases at once in the Veeam B&R GUI? What if I want to restore all or many SQL Server databases on an instance, but don't want to do a full VM restore? Is there no way to do this through the GUI right now? Having to mess around with PowerShell scripts seems like a hassle in a pinch where multiple databases need to be recovered quickly
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request: Restoring Multiple Database Sql Applica

Post by foggy »

Currently there's no way to select multiple databases.
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

[MERGED] Feature Request - Restore Multiple Databases via SQL Explorer

Post by falkob »

Hi all,
i don't know if this came up already.
I'm asking for a future Feature Request, where i'm able to restore multiple databases in parallel out of the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL.
I think this will work via PowerShell but it actually doesn't work through the Explorer.

Is this something which is already on the roadmap ?

Thank you and Best Regards !
Falko
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request - Restore Multiple Databases via SQL Explorer

Post by veremin »

At the moment we cannot share our future plans, so for now restoring multiple via PS sounds like the best idea (actually, that's exactly what automation is built for :)).

Thanks for the feature request; appreciated!
Grime121
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Evan

Re: Feature Request - Restore Multiple Databases via SQL Explorer

Post by Grime121 »

Really? Your response is to use PowerShell? I haven't looked TOO hard, but a quick search on Google didn't even turn up info on how to do that. Why is it so difficult to allow us to select more than one database in the SQL Explorer, when restoring databases? It seems to me that this should be a pretty basic function.

To be clear, I would also like to request the ability to restore more than one database at a time (without having to restore ALL of them).

Thanks,

-Evan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request: Restoring Multiple Database Sql Application

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Evan, thanks for the feedback, your voice in support of this request is counted.
Benjamin Simplicity
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Benjamin S.

Post by Benjamin Simplicity » 1 person likes this post

We are always struggling with this as well. We are running SQL Instances with about 100 DBs and sometimes we are have to restore specific applications consisting of 20 databases. It would be very nice to have this feature included in the GUI!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

Yes, you will have it in GUI :) The feature will be available in our future releases. Stay tuned!

Thanks!