Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: David

Thottling policy question

Post by SunkistDavid »

Does the throttling policy apply to jobs that start outside the policy window?

We have a policy set to 20Mbps on a 45Mbps pipe. The policy is set for 7am to 5pm. The target IP range coinsides with the IP range where the ESX host is located and also where the target proxy is located.

We had a replication job that started at 8pm lastnight and was still running at 8am this morning because it was an initial seed job and we had other jobs running through the WAN pipe. At 8am my network engineer informed me we were at 97% utilization of the WAN pipe. I cancelled the job and we dropped to 10% utilization. So at least on the surface the throttling policy was not in effect.
SunkistDavid
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: David

Re: Thottling policy question

Post by SunkistDavid »

Think I found why but will need to test - still curious if job starts before policy and runs into policy what occurs.

Say our local network is 10.1.x.x and remote site is 10.2.x.x. I had the thottling policy set as 10.1.0.1 - 10.1.255.255 going to 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.255.255

But remember that the remote proxy is performing the pull (see my other case where remote proxy tries to open local datastore issue) so I added rule

10.2.0.1 to 10.2.255.255 going to 10.1.0.1 to 10.1.255.255.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Thottling policy question

Post by foggy »

David, yes, the rules should apply to the currently running job if the specified period comes. If both source and target proxy IP addresses fall into the ranges specified in the rule and it still does not apply, please contact our support team. Thanks.