Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sigsyr
Novice
Liked: never

Entire job missing from Restore menu - B&R Commuity Edition

Post by sigsyr »

Running B&R Community Edition. I have two backup jobs on it. Both run fine, succeeds each night, I can see all the files, etc. Both use the same repository. But when I go into Restore, only one of the jobs every shows up. I have done a rescan of the repository, I've done an active full from the missing job, etc. I can manually double-click the backup file and it opens the Restore window, but it doesn't show any of the incremental that came after that full. Any thoughts?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Entire job missing from Restore menu - B&R Commuity Edition

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Sigsyr,

What kind of backups those 2 jobs do?
What kind of restore you are launching?
sigsyr
Novice

Post by sigsyr »

Hi,
The jobs are just basic Hyper-V VM backup jobs. The restores are just launched from the main menu, doesn't matter if I try full VM or individual files restore. It only ever sees the one job.
sigsyr
Novice

Post by sigsyr »

Hmm, actually just noticed the one that's not showing is a Windows Agent Backup, the other is a Hyper-V backup.
sigsyr
Novice

Post by sigsyr »

Must have had the single agent on that server at some point. I uninstalled it, rebooted it, and created a new Hyper-V backup job with just that server. That fails with:

Code: Select all

7/4/2022 7:24:47 PM :: Error: Writer document does not contain information about VM with ID 'xxx'.
VSSADMIN list providers and vssadmin list writers both come back with no errors.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 314 times

Post by david.domask »

Hey @sigsyr,

The mentioned error means when HyperV host prepared for a volume shadow copy, there was no information about this Virtual Machine in the VSS metadata.

Potentially, restarting the VMMS service on the HyperV host might help but this is just a wild hope (it won't affect VM operations, just management operations).

If that doesn't help, you might need to re-register the Virtual Machine regrettably.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst