Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Daveyd
Veteran
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Multiple object report

Post by Daveyd »

Is it possible to run a trend report on only a specific number of Datastores? I want to run an I/O and Latency trend report on just a few of my Datastores but I can only seem to either run the report on them all or individually.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Multiple object report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dave,

You're right, it is not possible to do that. But in version 6 I have added more report parameters so that you could use Business View groups to report on specific VMs, hosts, clusters and datastores. Looks like it is exactly what you're looking for!

Thanks!
Daveyd
Veteran

Post by Daveyd »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Dave,

You're right, it is not possible to do that. But in version 6 I have added more report parameters so that you could use Business View groups to report on specific VMs, hosts, clusters and datastores. Looks like it is exactly what you're looking for!

Thanks!
Very cool!

I did find a workaround though. In the Excel spreadsheet the report produced, I was able to exlude some of the Datastores from showing up by unchecking the Datastores in the Legend Fields (Series) in the PivotChart Filter Pane.

I can't wait to test drive v6!!
Daveyd
Veteran

Post by Daveyd »

Another question...I have enabled email alerts for VM CPU utilization. Is there a way to only be notified when the CPU hits the error threshold? I don't want to be notified when it goes to warning at 75% for 15 mins, I want to know when it only goes into Error at 90% for 15 mins
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, and I guess you already know my answer - it will available in v6. :)
Daveyd
Veteran

Post by Daveyd »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Yes, and I guess you already know my answer - it will available in v6. :)
:mrgreen: