Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kdc415
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken Corley

Jobs finish w/ Warning but no details

Post by kdc415 »

Running 11.0.1.1261 and suddenly all jobs finish with Warning with no details. I was unable to open a ticket using the rental license we're using from our VSP. So they opened one on my behalf, don't know the case #.

This is the Veeam response that they forwarded to me:

“It is indeed a known issue with version 11a. There are currently no plans for a hotfix, as it's cosmetic only, but it will be remedied in future releases.”

Thankfully it's a customer with only a couple VMs, but the warning emails are getting annoying. Has anyone found a way to fix this?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Jobs finish w/ Warning but no details

Post by Mildur »

Hi Ken

Welcome to the forum.
If our support confirmed it as a known issue, then normally there is nothing "to be fixed" on customers site.
If you can get the the case number from your service provider, we can check the case history and if there is a bug number attached or not. Without the case number, we (product management) cannot check the case or the "known issue".

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kdc415
Novice

Post by kdc415 »

The case number is 05500615.

I was hoping there was some way to stop this, rebooting does not. It's filling my inbox with warnings with no details. Now we have to watch this server, repos and cloud making sure there isn't actually something wrong.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 308 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi Ken,

I checked the case provided and the alleged issue is related to Low Datastore space warnings not being added (for PM team, issue 338120 ).

This should be resolved by the cumulative patches, so if you aren't on the latest Cumulative Patch, next maintenance window you get I recommend upgrade: https://www.veeam.com/kb4245

It won't stop the warnings, but you'll at least see what is triggering them. Consequently, if there is < 5% space free on the source datastores for the backup, you can confirm it's the above issue.

Regrettably though, there were no logs on the case and it's presumed that it's related to the datastore free space warning, but cannot confirm it without logs ;) If the patch doesn't help show the warning, I advise have your VSP open a new case and export logs from the job that send the warning: https://veeam.com/kb1832. Use the 1st radio option and select the job in question.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
kdc415
Novice

Post by kdc415 »

Great, thanks a lot. DS is getting low so that's probably it.