Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
gtrspctr
Novice
Liked: never

SOBR - Copying backups to capacity tier

Post by gtrspctr »

Have some questions about SOBRs and object storage.

So I know you can check the box to "copy backups to object storage as soon as they are created." But can you configure it to just copy to object storage once per day (even though there are multiple local backups throughout the day)? Basically the same way you can tell a Backup Copy job to run daily at x time, but for the capacity tier.

I see the "Window" where you choose when uploading to capacity tier is allowed... If I don't check the "copy backups as soon as they're created" box, will the backups copy to object storage eventually? Or how does that work?

For example, If I have local backups running from 6am to 6pm, and I don't check that box, but I change the window to allow from 7pm to 5am, would all the backup files from that day get uploaded overnight? If so, would doing reverse-incremental backups made any difference onto what gets uploaded, or just whatever files are in the performance tier at the time it starts uploading?

Sorry for all the questions!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SOBR - Copying backups to capacity tier

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
capacity tier is designed to be simple without sophisticated options as the backup copy job has. The backup copy job can be used in V12 with object storage as target.

If you remove the "copy" checkbox, then it's never copied.

Best regards,
Hannes
gtrspctr
Novice
Liked: never

Re: SOBR - Copying backups to capacity tier

Post by gtrspctr »

Thanks for letting me know