Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
tim.michel
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim

Veeam One Console - Quality of life request

Post by tim.michel »

so I log onto veeam one and veeam BR daily to review backups and alerts. less of a question and more of a request from the devs.

I noticed if you type in your password once incorrectly while trying to login, the veeam console sessions will spam your account with reconnect attempts to the point of lockout within seconds. this is exceptionally frustrating when I event had my first cup of coffee.

please PLEASE stop attempting to retry authentication requests multiple times if I fat finger my password

I am confident others have had this frustrating situation.

Thank you
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Re: Veeam One Console - Quality of life request

Post by RomanK »

Hello Tim,
veeam console sessions will spam your account with reconnect attempts to the point of lockout within seconds
This seems strange. Did you face that in Veeam ONE Client or Veeam ONE Web Client? I've just tried both clients with the wrong passwords in my lab and noticed no blocking reconnects.

Please open a support case and provide a case ID in this thread so we could collect all the additional details and investigate it accordingly.

Thanks
tim.michel
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim

Post by tim.michel »

Veeam one client, I have it installed on my laptop and our veeam environment is on a different domain, not sure if that has anything to do with it but I figured I would add that piece of the puzzle to the situation
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Tim,

I've checked that with the QA team and there are no known issues like you described.

Veeam ONE client logs, OS versions, what antiviruses and password managers are installed and other data most probably should be investigated. The proper way to proceed with troubleshooting is to open a support case. Please do not forget to share the case ID in this thread.

Thanks