Management reporting and documentation
storageguy
Expert
Liked: 13 times

Detailed Monthly Reporting

Post by storageguy »

Hi,

I'm trying to create a monthly report to be sent to the backup administrator and application owner. I used the "Job History" template. When I clicked "Preview", the template only shows how many Objects Processed. It doesn't show which VMs or Servers got failed/warning/success statuses and which dates. However the numbers shows under the Objects Processed is clickable, and when I click it, it shows me which VMs or Servers got failed/warning/success statuses. This is nice.

However when I saved the report, the hyperlink no longer works and it's no longer clickable. Looks like the link only works when you are in the preview mode of the reports and once you download it, it no longer works? Is there a way to include the details of each VMs/Servers backup statuses for the last month?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to include the VMs/Servers backup status and not just the jobs for the last month.

Thanks,
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 164 times

Re: Detailed Monthly Reporting

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello storageguy,

Please take a look at Workload Protection History report.
Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks
storageguy
Expert

Post by storageguy »

@RomanK, I think this one works for me. Thanks.
storageguy
Expert

Post by storageguy »

I'm back again...
Management now requesting a summary report of per VMs or per Jobs backup success/failure rate. Is this possible?

The "Workload Protection History" report only shows summary of the success/failure rate per day. Our management want to see per VMs or per Jobs backup success/failure rate. Can this be achieved? We have three locations with hundreds of VMs per location and dozens of Jobs per locations.

Thanks
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello storageguy,

Could you please clarify the use case for our better understanding? What per job or per VM data would show in this case?

Failure and success rates are calculated as a percentage of the resulting sessions per day. The percentage which is based on longer timespans for daily backups and for once-a-week backups are completely different numbers with a different meaning. How to compare them for example?

Thanks
storageguy
Expert

Post by storageguy »

We want failure and success rates on each resulting VMs backup per month. For example, if I backup my VM once a day for one month (30 days). If I got 3 failures out of 30 sessions, then may success rate is 90%. Same goes for weekly reports.

Thanks
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello storageguy,

Thank you for the clarification.

I see it as just adding radio buttons: "group summary by day/job" to the workload protection history report. But this way without additional filters grouping 50+ jobs would not be a good idea. The first drawback is a long table to scroll. The second is data consistency as there could be jobs that run once a day/two/three/week. However, proper filtering should complete the task for sure.

One more question. Do you really need this data in the form of a report? What do you think about the "TOP 10 lowest/highest rate jobs" widget, for example?

Thanks.
storageguy
Expert

Post by storageguy »

Hi RomanK,

Our management needs these information per VMs and not just per jobs. It would be really nice if Veeam One can do it and not just the top 10 lowest/highest.

Right now we are kind of doing it manually.

Thanks,
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello storageguy,

No more questions from my side. Thanks for the feedback. It's noted.
duraisingam
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Durai

Post by duraisingam »

Dear Team,

I am also looking for Monthly Reports to generate all the Backup Jobs Disk and Tape with all the details if any on knows please guide how to teak the report in Veeam Backup and Replication console or PowerShell scripts.
We are using the Veeam backup Replication v12.

Thanks
Durai
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 613 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello Durai,
What is the expected format, and none of the current reports gives you what you are looking for? Workload Protection History is a great report, and you can always combine with a report builder a tape report, etc.

Please let us know.
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
duraisingam
Influencer

Post by duraisingam »

Dear jorgedlcruz,

Thanks for the replay...

I looking for CSV format output. Veeam backup console History report also tried only single job report will come with limited date.
I want report to submit report to Management for daily and Monthly report with all the backup jobs Disk and Tape.

Below are the output with CSV format im looking.

JobName,
Job Start data and Time
Jobs End Date and Time,
Duration
Jobs Status
Backup Size in GB or MB,

Thanks and Regards,
Durai
duraisingam
Influencer

Post by duraisingam »

Hi Team,

I am looking for below format Veeam backup report using the PowerShell or in console. PLease guide how to take daily/Monthly report.

BackupJobName Status StartTime EndTime BackupSize Read Transferred Duration
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 613 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
We can not help you here with VBR PowerShell, Veeam ONE doesn't have PowerShell. Maybe @oleg.feoktistov can help.

Anyways, I took a look at the Custom Reports > Backup Infrastructure Custom Data, and I think it has what you are looking for, columns:
Filters, to say date like equals to yesterday, or more advanced like bigger than 1st of July, and less than 31st for example:
End result:

You send this to Excel and operate with it as expected.

Hope it helps
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi @duraisingam,

We could certainly figure something out via Powershell. Let's just not mix two separate products in one topic/forum section.
Please submit a separate topic in Powershell subforum and I'll link it here.

Best regards,
Oleg