Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
roger.alan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Roger Castillo

Scale-out Repositories, don't download a blob from azure.

Post by roger.alan »

Hello, I have a "File Share" backup task, and as a repository I am using the Scale-out and in which I have configured the "Capacity Tier" with Azure blob, the option we chose here is to copy the backup after it has been created However, this is not working, the backup of the file locally is done fine, but the SOBR Tiering does not run to make the copy and when it runs (every 4 hours), it does not find any backup when in fact I have several backups made. What could I be doing wrong that the SOBR does not find the backups and for the same reason that it does not download to Azure blob?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2284 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Scale-out Repositories, don't download a blob from azure.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Roger

Welcome to the forum. Have you seen the following limitation in our helpcenter?
You have to add a dedicated object storage for the file job. The one from the capacity tier can not be used.
In V11, not all files are copied to object storage. Only older file versions and deleted files. This will change in V12. Then you can have a copy of the entire file share backup job in object storage.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... positories
An object storage repository added as a capacity tier in a scale-out backup repository can not be used for storing NAS backups. To archive NAS backup files to an object storage repository, assign the object storage repository as an archive repository when you create a file share backup job.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
roger.alan
Novice

Post by roger.alan »

I see, I think I missed that part :( , in any case the backup I need is from an Oracle DB which is on a physical server, with Veeam Agents if it would let me download to the Azure Blob? and one last question, the Is the "Archive Tier" option mandatory or in what case is it used? From now on, thank you very much for the help.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2284 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

You‘re welcome.
in any case the backup I need is from an Oracle DB which is on a physical server, with Veeam Agents if it would let me download to the Azure Blob?
It‘s called offloading to Azure Blob :)
Yes, Veeam Agent Backups will be offloaded to Azure Blob over the capacity tier.
the Is the "Archive Tier" option mandatory or in what case is it used?
It‘s not mandatory. With this option, you can offload gfs restore points from the capacity tier to Azure Blob Archive. It‘s cheaper than normal Azure Blob.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
roger.alan
Novice

Post by roger.alan »

again thank you very much for the help.