Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

Update 4 - AgentReadOnlyCache setting still valid?

Post by ferrus »

Last year I placed a support call (#02897344), regarding BCJ performance issues to our Data Domains.
The solution was to adjust a registry value, which successfully reduced the backup duration from 22+ hours down to 5.

Since rebuilding the servers and installing 9.5 Update 4 - the same behaviour has returned (20-25 minute delay per VM disk, regardless of any data to backup).

I've confirmed the registry key is still in place (only on the main B&R server - not the proxies).

Has 9.5 Update 4 changed the use of this registry value?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Update 4 - AgentReadOnlyCache setting still valid?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello ferrus,

The key remains valid for Update 4. I've asked RnD folks to double check and will share the results of my findings, meanwhile please raise a support case and share the case ID (we would need your Veeam B&R debug logs anyway). Thanks!
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

Post by ferrus »

Ignore me, I messed up the registry key - and placed it under 'Veeam Reporting', instead of 'Veeam Backup and Replication'. :oops:
Just noticed the mistake as I was placing the support call, and double checking everything.

Hope I haven't wasted the RnD folks time. I'll change it now, and hopefully the Backup Copy Jobs will be back to normal tonight.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

That's ok, we can confirm that key is still valid. Happy to hear that your issue is resolved!
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Post by Anguel »

Very interesting post, I wonder if the AgentReadOnlyCache setting can be still enabled on repositories in the current VBR v11.
Maybe this could finally solve my problem with Veeam files staying locked even if I disable the backup copy job?
Thanks in advance.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Anguel,

The original key and issue is quite old to comment. If you want your problem to be investigated correctly, please raise a support ticket and share the case ID with us - we will review your issue with RnD folks. Thank you!