Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
Isdon1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Donovan Petersen

Veeam Auto created Vnet in Azure as part of Archiving function

Post by Isdon1 »

Hi All , I am hoping someone can assist with this question.

I am currently using Veeam to backup to a SOBR with performance, capacity and archive tiers. When the GFS policy kicks in Veeam is supposed to create a proxy VM in Azure to perform the archive offboarding. Veeam does create the proxy appliance and also creates a VNET as part of the process. We want to access the proxy VM via its private IP address through the tunnel we have to azure. I have set the registry entries for ArchiveFreezingUsePrivateIpForAzureAppliance (DWORD, 1) and AzurePreferPrivateIpAddressesForProxyandLinuxAppliance (DWORD, 1).

Veeam creates a VNET with the address space of 172.31.0.0/16. We don't want to use this address space.

1 .Is there a way to specify the address space that Veeam creates for the VNET ?

2. Is anyone else customizing how Veeam creates Azure resources for the archiving process ?

Thanks In advance for your input.
Isdon1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Donovan Petersen

Re: Veeam Auto created Vnet in Azure as part of Archiving function

Post by Isdon1 »

After raising a ticket I found the solution with the below:

"This can be customized in the Azure Archive Blob repository settings here's the page:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110"
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Auto created Vnet in Azure as part of Archiving function

Post by veremin »

Correct, by default backup server creates network entities required to plug in the archive appliance, but you can select the existing ones using Customize button. Thanks!