Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
mp37c4
Novice
Liked: never

Shutdown issue with Linux Mint 21

Post by mp37c4 »

Veeam Client for Linux 5.0.2 veeam-release-deb_1.0.8_amd64

System 1 : Linux Mint 20.3 Kernel 5.4
Runs Veeam backup without any issues.

System 2 : Linux Mint 21 Kernel 5.15
Veeam installation ok, backup runs (volume level) ok, no error or warning messages.
But: when, and only when, a Veeam backup job was run, the Linux shutdown hangs unusual long, then shortly befor power-off a screen of kernel error messages appear (disappear to fast to be read). If no backup job was run, the system shuts down in seconds and without the error messages.

Is this version of Mint (Ubuntu) not supported by Veeam? Any updates available? Or what can I do?

Kind regards
Olaf
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Shutdown issue with Linux Mint 21

Post by Mildur »

Hi Olaf

Linux Mint is not supported by us. Even if it‘s based on Ubuntu, there could be some changes under the hood, which could require some for work on our site.
Supported linux distributions are listed here.
then shortly before power-off a screen of kernel error messages appear (disappear to fast to be read).
That‘s to less information to make at least an assumption. But I assume, it could have something todo with the veeamsnap kernel module. Does the same happen for File Backup Jobs?

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
mp37c4
Novice
Liked: never

Post by mp37c4 »

I did not try the file backup, but I have also thought into that direction, as there are other messages here regarding the snapshot function. On the other side, I see messages in the log stating that snapshot was taken and later released. When you say Mint is not supported, does it then make sense to open a support ticket for the logs? (btw, can I open a ticket even for the free linux agent?).
Thanks Olaf
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Yes, you can open a support ticket even with the free agent. It‘s on best effort only, meaning if our support has free capacity, they would also take a look at the free cases.
Normally that‘s required before opening a new topic about a technical issue (our forum rule), or it could get deleted by a Mod.

But I don‘t asked for a case number this time because I believe they would close the case either way. Because it‘s an unsupported scenario.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software