Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
matt887
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mattia

SOBR and reverse incremental backup

Post by matt887 »

Hi everyone,
I kindly ask you some advice in the configuration of Veeam B&R and Object Storage.

I currently have a reverse incremental job the run every first day of month with 12 days of retention stored in a local repository.

I configured a SOBR with the local repository as Performance Tier and an Azure Cold Storage as Capacity Tier with the options of Copy and Move after 1 day.

The job is now configured to store backup in the SOBR and the old restore points were imported correctly in the SOBR.

So as I read here https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110, in the future I will always have one full .vbk + two reverse incremental .vbr in the Performance Tier, and the same full .vbk and all the previuos reverse incremental .vbr in the Cloud.
Is it correct?

In case of disaster with the local repository, can I successfully restore everything from the full backup of the cloud capacity tier?

Do you advise to change the backup method?

Thanks a lot!

PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 525 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: SOBR and reverse incremental backup

Post by PetrM »

Hi Mattia and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!
matt897 wrote: I will always have one full .vbk + two reverse incremental .vbr in the Performance Tier, and the same full .vbk and all the previuos reverse incremental .vbr in the Cloud.
Is it correct?
Yes, correct.
matt897 wrote:In case of disaster with the local repository, can I successfully restore everything from the full backup of the cloud capacity tier?
Yes, of course. Since Copy policy is enabled, all backups are copied automatically to object storage including full backup. You may refer to this section of our help center to get more info about possible restore scenarios.
matt897 wrote:Do you advise to change the backup method?
I don't see any reasons to change something.

Thanks!
matt887
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mattia

Re: SOBR and reverse incremental backup

Post by matt887 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks PetrM for your answer!