Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Marcus1414
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Markus

Application Aware Processing for Microsoft Exchange with circular logging enabled

Post by Marcus1414 »

I have 3 Microsoft Exchange 2016 servers in DAG configured and with circular logging enabled currently. I'm about to use Veeam Agent for Windows and add the DAG failover cluster object into VBR for backup and enable the AAP to truncate logs. However, since I have circular logging enabled at the moment, do I need to disable circular logging in order to allow Veeam to do the log truncation?

Tried to search for some articles and most of them have Veeam to truncate logs without enabling circular logging, so I would like to have some confirmation on this before I configure the job. Appreciate for the help.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Application Aware Processing for Microsoft Exchange with circular logging enabled

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Marcus

With circular logging enabled, there isn't much to truncate. Logs gets removed a few seconds after they were created.
If you decide to leave it enabled, you can only restore your database to the point in time when the Veeam backup was taken.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software