Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Jacob_DK
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jacob Fjeldsted

How to collect Tags info from vCenter on VM's ?

Post by Jacob_DK »

Is there a way to get vCenter Tags and not just vCenter Custom Attributes into SCOM?

We are using Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center v.9.0 together with Veeam Backup & Replication v.11 and would like to build dynamic SCOM groups, based on Tags set on a WM.
At the moment the MP can collet Veeam.CustomTag1, Veeam.CustomTag2 and Veeam.CustomTag3. But I would like to also collect Tags assigned to VM's (and if possible to other objects like ex. Host)
Veeam backup & replication v.11, use vCenter Tags, so it would be nice if we could see them in SCOM, so we can create dynamic groups based on vCenter Tags.

The Tags info could be in a single comma seppereted text sting, where we in SCOM could use Wildcard or Regex to match group membership with.

I can se other produkt can collet this kinde of info
- Veeam One
- Opslogix: VMware Management Pack
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Re: How to collect Tags info from vCenter on VM's ?

Post by RomanK »

Hello Jacob,

Indeed, Veeam MP collects custom attributes, while tags are a bit different entity. There is no possibility of collecting them in the current version.

I guess we could consider this thread as a feature request.

Thanks