Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kurt
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Robert

Veeam B&R Standard Socket Renewal

Post by kurt »

My contract is coming up for renewal so I asked to receive a quote for the new VUL licensing model. The process has been very confusing. I only have 6 sockets and about 40 VMs.

The price to upgrade to VUL is 3 times the cost of the socket renewal and there are two SKUs that I have to buy instead of one. Plus I think the reseller has the descriptions swapped by accident but they didn't confirm that. I have no plans to change due to the cost increase.

I then asked about Veeam Essentials after looking at the website and at first they said they weren't supposed to quote it but received approval to do so anyway. The cost is more reasonable but I can't find any info on how it compares to Standard or how to upgrade.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam B&R Standard Socket Renewal

Post by veremin »

This is not a sales forum, so the team behind this community cannot provide answers to your questions. So it's better to continue working with the sales representative. Thanks!
kurt
Enthusiast

Post by kurt »

I will continue working with them, thanks. What about the move from B&R Standard to Essentials. Would it be an easy license change or would the upgrade be more involved?
kurt
Enthusiast

Post by kurt »

I heard back from my rep. They said Veeam Availability Suite is the same as Essentials but for end users with less than 50 instances. They also said it would just require a license change in the software and portal.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

To my knowledge, it should be an easy change - glad to hear that my colleagues have already clarified the questions.

And speaking about the move in general, Veeam VUL Essentials is a way to go since you have less than 50 workloads - you will get the Enterprise Plus feature set. You might discover some capability that is missing in the Standard edition.