Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
pldtech
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Windows 11 not waking for backup

Post by pldtech »

Hi all,

I just put together a new desktop with Windows 11 Pro and it's not waking for backup. Checked the power settings and confirmed wake timers are enabled. Is there anything else to check in the power settings or something to check on the client itself? I did verify connected standby is not enabled.

If anyone else out there is running Win11, can you confirm if your machines are waking up for backups?

Thanks much!

-Paul
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Windows 11 not waking for backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Paul,

Looks like it's not related to Veeam Agent backup, please check this thread: Windows 11 fails to Wake Up from Sleep mode and freeze if sleep mode is off. Hope it helps!
pldtech
Novice

Post by pldtech »

Thanks for the response! I disabled fast startup but still no go. I don't have any issues waking my machine with keyboard/mouse, and it wakes to install Windows updates, but no go for the Veeam agent. I'll try some testing to see if I can get a scheduled task to wake the machine.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

pldtech,

Thanks for the update! You can get a command line to start the job via task scheduler at the summary page of the job, possibly run a test with Windows Task scheduler and let us know how it goes.
pldtech
Novice

Post by pldtech »

Waking via the task scheduler has been working fine for the past few days, so I will use this as a workaround for now.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

pldtech,

Mind me asking if you tried the latest Veeam Agent for Windows v5.0.2? Was just released, so I wonder if you notice the same behavior with the latest version or not. Anyway I'll pass a word to QA team - we'll investigate this behavior. Thanks for sharing the update with us and happy holidays!
pldtech
Novice

Post by pldtech » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dima,

I've been testing with the new version... it seems to be hit-or-miss, some evenings the machine will wake successfully and other evenings it does not. Thanks for passing the word along, and happy new year!
jeffshead
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jeff

Post by jeffshead »

My Windows 11 does not wake either. Using latest 5.0.2.4680.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Jeff,

Please raise a support case and share the case ID. We will try to understand the root cause based on support logs. Thank you!
tpmurdock
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by tpmurdock »

Has there been any update as to why this occurs? I have started rolling out Windows 11 Pro machines as well and the computers will wake up from sleep correctly to receive the backup configuration, but do not execute the backup job. It does not look like the agent even attempts to start the job. The Windows 10 machines in this backup job are all functioning correctly.

Also, I have a Windows 11 computer that is set to never go to sleep and that machine will perform the backups at the correct time. Any ideas would be appreciated!
pldtech
Novice

Post by pldtech »

Digging up this old thread. With the release of Veeam 12 I tried disabling my scheduled task, but it appears the Veeam agent still doesn't wake my Win11 machine for backup. Wondering if there is any known solution to this before reaching out to support. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,

Please raise a support case and we will investigate the logs. Do not forget tho share the case ID please. Thank you!