Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
HelpMe
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Backup fails with Wmi error: '32775'

Post by HelpMe »

Hello forum members,

first i need to say, that this isn't a new topic. I refer to (similar posts):
- post333789.html#p333789
- https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/ ... rror-32775

I already opend a Case (Case-Nr.: 05589724) with Veeam but we use the free version so get a answer needs time (time i dont have).

So we have two backups to RDX (RDX only backups the VMs). We have a cluster. So we have two physical servers where the VMs are running and a thrid physical server to replicate the VMs. (These three servers run with Win Srv 2019)
The guests also run on Win Srv 2019 (the most not all).
I also should tell you that since we changed the antivirussoftware this error is happening daily. Before it just happend on one or two days in the whole year.
It is close by saying the antivirus causing this error (the antivirussoftware ist only on the VMs installed). But i think there is more.

So i finally show you the error:
"Failed to create VM recovery checkpoint (mode: Crash consistent) Details: Failed to create VM (ID: xxxx) recovery checkpoint. Failed to call wmi method 'CreateSnapshot'. Wmi error: '32775'
Retrying snapshot creation attempt (Failed to create production checkpoint.)
Task has been rescheduled
Queued for processing at xxxx
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Failed to create VM (ID: xxxx) recovery checkpoint. Failed to call wmi method 'CreateSnapshot'. Wmi error: '32775'"

I nearly searched the whole internet for this error or what can cause it, but meanwhile i was reading every post like 3 times and look if i overlook something but there is nothing helpful doesn't matter what i do.

My prediction is that HyperV does an recovery checkpoint while Veeam want's to create one so that there are still some recovery checkpoint which need to work off and Veeam can't create on more because there are already four or five running an HyperV doensn't accept any more. But that's only what i predict.

I restarted each Veeamservice (also COM+, etc.(on guest and host)) but it didn't helped. Since this error apears the backup needs up to the double of time.

If you have any ideas feel free to share with me.

Thanks in advance.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Backup fails with Wmi error: '32775'

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

I don't think that you should seek for troubleshooting ideas on forums because we cannot provide deep analysis of technical issues over the posts, for example we don't have access to debug logs etc. It would be best to let our engineers to work on it. I'd recommend to wait for the result of investigation within your support case, support is provided on best-effort basis for customers using free version.

I doubt the the issue comes from our code, especially taking into account that the error happens daily after AV software replacement. Moreover, the error code 32775 says that an attempt to create a checkpoint is failed at the WMI level. Anyway, it's just my assumption which is worth checking with our support team.

Thanks!
HelpMe
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by HelpMe »

Hi @PetrM,

i don't think it's a problem from Veeam aswell. I just look for answers. Maybe someone have similar experiences and could give me a tip.
Just posted it here cause when i get this error in Veeam. Online i don't find a solution working for me. So who should i ask else?

Thanks in advance.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

I would definitely help you if I knew how to solve it, but the best action plan now is to work with our support team. If you want to troubleshoot it on your own, you could examine Windows event logs on your Hyper-V hosts and to look there for errors from WMI.

Thanks!