Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bab@virtualcdc.com
Novice
Liked: never

veeam license info to buy

Post by bab@virtualcdc.com »

I want to buy veeam license as I know the license for veeam not present per instance and we have to VUL license . I was read this one :

https://www.veeam.com/licensing-pricing.html

but just want to make sure I need to buy veeam availability suite enterprise plus + 1 years production support for minimum instance
what plane need to buy ?
Do I have to buy just One VUL license ?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: veeam license info to buy

Post by Mildur »

Hi

How many workloads (agent, vm, nas, cloud) do you want to protect? Do you plan to use Veeam One or not?

You can get Veeam Backup Essentials VUL in 5er packages for a maximum of 50 workloads.
It allows you to use Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam One. It should be cheaper than Veeam Backup & Replication Suite. If you have less than 5 vms or machines to backup, ask your reseller to get you an offer for a 5er package of Veeam Backup Essentials VUL.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
bab@virtualcdc.com
Novice

I have 5 VMS and I want to buy Veeam availability suite enterprise plus + 1 years production support ?
Which type of license had to buy ?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

1x 5er package Veeam Backup Essentials VUL.
https://www.veeam.com/smb-vmware-hyper- ... tials.html

The Essential license (VUL) has the same functionality (Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus + Veeam One) as the Veeam Availability Suite VUL. If you have less than 50 workloads, go with Essentials, if you have more than 50 workloads, go with the suite.

Just to be clear about „1 year support“:
There is no maintenance contract for VUL licences. VUL licences are subscription licences.
You have the right to use the product and production support for the entire subscription period.
If you do not renew the licence after this period (and a grace period), your backup server will no longer create backups for your vms.

Thanks
Fabian
bab@virtualcdc.com
Novice

I am really confused . Would you please make a clear answer for me

I need veeam vailability suite enterprise plus + 1 years production support with minimum workloads
Would you please say what type of license I have to buy exactly ?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Buy the following license: Veeam Backup Essentials VUL.

Please contact your partner, reseller or Veeam representative. They can also answer this question for you and explain the difference between the various licences.
I cannot say more than I have already said about licencing. This forum is run by members of the product management team and not the sales team. Correct licensing is handled by Sales.

Thanks
Fabian